Pages

Monday, 7 November 2011

Cakey, Cakey - Molly Cake

My parents have been sampling cakes in all manner of National Trust stately home tea rooms of late (ah the joys of retirement) and they were raving on about Molly Cake, which my mum recreated at home for us to try and I have to say it's amazeballs.


It's a dense fruit cake which contains no refined sugar, fat , eggs or dairy products (so it's good for you, right?!)


So I tracked down this recipe from the Waitrose website and had a bash myself, here's what it looked like.
Mr Right said it tasted a little like Christmas cake, just without all the faffing and letting it mature.


It was dead easy to make as it basically all goes into one bowl, then into a loaf tin, then into the oven, then into my stomach.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to bake this. In fact if it's a success I may add it to the beater's lunch menu for saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I look forward to hearing how you get on and if you like it or not!!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...