Pages

Thursday, 15 September 2011

Cupcapers - Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

The B family kindly invited us over for a BBQ one summer holiday evening and I asked if there was anything I could bring, Mrs B suggested perhaps I might like to make some cakes as I seem to be getting pretty good at it by now.  


I decided that as I'd seen so many people make ice cream cone cupcakes over the last year that I would quite like to have a bash and this seemed like the ideal excuse.


I started by making a sponge mix and filling some wafer ice cream cones with flat bases with it
And bunged them in the oven until the sponge was risen and golden
I then made some butter cream icing and piped some onto the top of each cupcake and added half a flake
I then drizzled on some raspberry jam
and as a final touch added some hundreds and thousand and chocolate sprinkles and here are the finished cakes


Mrs B had made some cakes herself, a rather interesting combination of raspberries and beetroot (for extra colour) and had turfed them as they tasted like (in her own wonderfully descriptive way) 'a fart in a grocers' so mine were thankfully in comparison gratefully received, although Mr B and myself agreed that they would be a tad tastier if they had had some kind of filling inside the sponge, which just means I'll just have to make them again sometime soon.


Linking up with Handmade Thursday over on White Lily Green



Inspire Me Beautiful

9 comments:

  1. They look so cute! I want some. I suspect my daughter would prefer them with every possible embellishment from the sprinkles cupboard, but, call me a purist but I quite like them with just a simple flake :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are excellent, my kids would go mad for these, I might have to try them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were yummy as they looked !!!! please come again soon with cake ? love Mrs Bowes x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Funny you should post these. I planned to make these for Little Ones Birthday and .... erm.... forget to buy the cones. Will have to have a go now I've seen your pics!

    What piping nozzle do you use? I am USELESS at piping anything semi decent. Any tips on a good set?

    Thank you so much for linking up. You never fail to inspire me, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very clever - feel the need to try this - will add to (very) long list!
    nearly the weekend...fee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look wonderful and very delicious - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the great comments, these were good fun to make although defo needed some kind of filling...next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aah these are the nicest ones I've seen, I like the minimalist 99 flake look. Maybe next time scoop out the middle and dollop the buttercream in there too?

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...