Pages

Sunday, 3 April 2011

Penrith Tea Rooms

Whilst child-free and out for the day in Stony Stratford Mr Right and I were wandering up the High Street when I suddenly remembered that the Market Square was used as a location in one of my favourite films 'Withnail & I'.


It's a currently a chemist shop but in the film it's the Penrith Tea Rooms.  Here it is in its present state
And here it is in one of the funniest scenes in the film

I want to saunter into the Penrith Tea Rooms and demand cake and the finest wines available to humanity but alas I don't think I could carry it off with as much conviction as Richard E Grant does, BALLS!  I guess I'll just have to content myself with a viewing on DVD, either that or I will have to go on holiday by mistake.

3 comments:

  1. One of my favourite cinematic moments I've got to say! Along with Withnail shouting 'Scrubbers!!!!' out of the car window at the schoolgirls walking along. Or the 'It's you he wants, offer him yourself' while they think someone is breaking in :-)

    Fantastic film!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive not seen this film - going to have to check it out! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jem, couldn't agree more, it's a great film.x

    Scarlett, get this film in your life. I'm going to revisit on DVD when I get a moment this week. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...